7 Sunday Rituals
A Sunday well spent, brings a week of content.
We are always looking for ways to make the week ahead much smoother, and in all honesty, it comes down to how you prepare for it.
Taking the time to complete some or all of these Sunday rituals will hopefully help you relax and declutter your mind before the madness of Monday begins!
Here are a list of rituals we try to aim for every Sunday. Give them a try and see how much better your week will be for it.
1. Grocery shop: We buy groceries early Sunday morning to prepare our meals for the week. Normally this includes fresh veggies, fruit and meats that will last us until the end of the week.
2. Meal Prep, Meal Prep, Meal Prep!: This is the most important one for us. We spend two hours making enough food for the first 3-4 days of the week for lunch and dinner, (or at least prepping our veggies, marinating meats, and making our meal plan). We try a new healthy recipe each week as well. Having a toddler has forced us to be more intentional and it’s working out well!
3. Wash your sheets: There’s nothing like going to sleep on fresh sheets and what better day to do it than a Sunday. Studies prove that fresh sheets help you sleep better.
4. Finish your laundry: We used to do a load of laundry every day and it got annoying, really fast. Now we do loads on Sundays and Thursdays. We try folding laundry together as a family and believe it or not, we’ve managed to make it fun! You'll have the best week knowing that your closet and drawers are full of options.
5. Workout: Whether it’s a 30 min walk/run or an hour long sweat sesh, get in some physical activity. Working out releases endorphins which are proven to trigger a positive feeling in the body.
6. Grab a coffee: Sundays should be fun too! Go out for an hour or two for coffee with a friend or solo. For families, grab a coffee and take your babes to a playgroup or better yet, a playground. Being outdoors is fun!
7. Meditate: I have to admit, I’m not very great at meditating. My brain never seems to shut off but I’m trying it more and more. By taking the time to become mindful of my worries, excitement, and certain situations that may occur, I feel energized and prepared to tackle these emotions as they may arise throughout the week ahead.
Meditation does not mean sitting cross-legged saying “om” to yourself. There are lots of ways to meditate: listen to a YouTube meditation video, go for a walk, bike ride or spend some time alone. Sunday meditation really just creates a thoughtful space to ponder the week to come and/or reflect on the outcomes of the past week.
Don’t get me wrong, not every Sunday looks like this for us but we really try to aim for it. I’m trying to embrace Sundays with the above mindset rather than feel like they are a day for chores.
What are your Sunday rituals?