Spring is nature's way of saying "let's party".
Whether there’s still piles of snow on the ground or you’re skipping through a field full of flowers, Spring has sprung and along with it comes a ton of ideas for a new crop of blog posts.
It’s still pretty cold and wet here in Vancouver but I think there’s some light at the end of this dark and gloomy winter that’s been dragging on.
A while back I had posted about a fall/winter inspired kitchen that included coppers and dark hues so I thought it was only fitting to gather some Spring inspo for you to brighten up your kitchen.
Here are some quick tips on brightening up your kitchen:
1. Add bright accents to your counter tops: Bright accents provide a cheap and easy fix to a dark kitchen. You can add bright yellow flowers in a pretty vase or a nice wall hanging. I’ve recently purchased colored polko dot coffee and sugar containers and they add a pop of color without making my counter tops look to cluttery.
2. Install recessed lighting: Lighting can make a huge impact on your kitchen. Recessed lighting offers the perfect solution for smaller kitchens. You can install lights underneath the overhanging cabinets to give your kitchen a quick boost of light.
3. Change your curtains: This can be relatively cheap. I’ve seen some good deals at Winners/Marshalls and TJ Maxx for double panel light colored curtains. Try creams, off whites or blush pinks. The great part is that you can reuse them for next year!
4. Paint your cabinetry: Okay so this one is a bit of a bigger task but if you’re due for a paint job or a full out replacement, what better time than Spring to do a reno?!
Here are a few ideas that may inspire you to brighten up your space! I love a light pink and gold combo and that's exactly what you will see below. I've linked these items so you can shop direct!
2. Countertop Mixer – Kitchen aid
3. Rose gold Coasters - Etsy
4. Flowers – Venus et Fleur
5. Baking spatulas- Winners
6. Polka dot napkins – Etsy
7. Toaster – Smeg
8. Cutlery – Marchesa